Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hello everyone!


Here goes my first entry...

There's within my heart a melody
Jesus whispers sweet and low
Fear not I Am with thee, peace be still
In all of life's ebb and flow!
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, sweetest Name I know
Fills my every longing, Keeps me singing as i go!

I found myself humming and softly singing this hymn since yesterday. Today is still part of my "birthweek" and my heart is ever grateful to my Jesus. A million thanks to my friends who made me feel so loved. Being away from my family, a perfect celebration was never expected and I have not made any planning at all. With my age, I guess there is no longer a need to!

Last year's experience was also a blast! I felt like I was waving goodbye to my childhood as my friends, students, and my PYBC family here in Poipet showered me with mickey mouse stuff, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, all those girly items I have always wished to have. I guess that's how Filipino ladies feel when they have their debut at 18. I had mine much later-at 25, hahaha!!! Well, that was how I felt.

This year's different, the presents I received were all for a grown up lady I really should be. Even my new mickey mouse sweater is for the lady me! There was no single party but a continuous celebration.. a series of bonding moments - border crossing, laughters, long bus ride, sevn eleven, slurpee, Big C, ice cream cakes, youtube entertainment, happy slip, farmville, chatting, worship, Ronaldo's, yummy curry, "market hopping", lunch at Nanay's, "Ken Lee", sweet hugs, and never ending photoshoots - since our travel to Thailand and back.

The blessings were not merely material but more of spiritual. God gave me that perfect peace with Him and an overflowing joy that encourages me to choose Him more than anything and to serve Him with all my heart.

This year, my soul's topmost prayer is more souls, more Cambodians to know Jesus through me and through all of us who work in this area. We do feel God's overflowing blessings here everyday and not just on my birthday or birthweek, as I describe it. With God's faithfulness and love, I am confident that we could share the gospel, God's grace, the gift of salvation, through faith in Jesus Christ alone!

Now my heart continues to sing with joy and remains in awe of my God, my Savior, who loves me the most! All praise and glory belong to Him alone!

3 comments:

  1. nice one esil! :) amen to that. your noble cause is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi,sharing God's gift of salvation to others is always the best thing to do. keep it up!

    www.amdinternational.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so pretty in that photo Ate Esil. Di lang panlabas ang ganda. :)

    ReplyDelete