Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Happy Soul




I believe that Jesus loves me
So there's no need to frown
I smile, I laugh, I'm carefee
Knowing someday I'll have a crown.

His grace has been so perfect
All sin and guilt were washed away
His Word I heed, in His presence I pray
His love and joy have come to stay.

So if you ask me why I'm happy
My answer - Jesus freed my soul
And everyday He makes me godly
To make Him smile is my goal.

My friend, you can't strive all alone
Simply trust He paid it all
The Giver of my joy can be yours too
If just like me, To Him you'll call!ΓΌ


glad to create a new poem today..... the idea just popped in my head.
A lot of people strive to be happy. They make happiness their ultimate goal. So wrong. We should allow God to change our lives and make us godly. Godliness should be the goal... and we don't even need to strive. We rest on God... We wait on Him.. We allow Him to work.. We let Him mold us... and it wouldn't be a surprise if we will become happy. That's just one of the many blessings we would enjoy when we feel secure in God's amazing love. In fact, it's not just happiness..it's joy! It doesn't depend on circumstances or happenings.. It's stable and sure... and then there's peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control, and above all love! : ) It's not really hard to be happy after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment